Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Shower and Smile.. :)

A few things first:

I love noticing the numbers ascending beside the word 'comment'..but i get equally disheartened when i land in there all-exited just to realize that i don't know the language... :(.. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart hoping that you have appreciated my writing.. :)..but if you care to discontinue you will be even more appreciated for not leading me to a 'hope-n-miss' case.

I changed the template and the font and that motivated me to write today.

***********

Me in Bombay...for good...having a good time in the new office, loving the work which is similar to what i did long time back and i am enjoying this to the core.

Meeting old friends, chatting, catching up from where we left some ten, seven and two years back, making new friends.

Exploring areas, getting lost, missing the obvious turns to reach certain places, staring hard at the bus route no. and destination written, standing for hours at some stoppage or stations simply to observe the motion, it feels good.

Running to the terrace at midnight, awake from a sleep, to enjoy the silence in an otherwise not-so-silent city, it feels great.

Decorating the room with all stuff which never appeared so dear before...a beautiful room but not yet as warm as the one at 95, southern avenue...one thing that never went out of my mind for a nano second since i have left the city.

Shuffling the radio stations to know the programs by time and station. i miss the 'familiar' voices.

The frequent drizzle, present-continuous rains, flickering sun, steady moon and the absent stars make my day.

Thus were my last 30 days...hope to have more of such experiences. :)

P.S: Not getting over 95, Southern Avenue, Lake Road Barista, Sector V, Park Street, Boulevard Swimming Pool, Deshapriya Park, South City is not that i am sad about or i crib... but with these memories i walk to get a glimpse of the city which i am sure will be as much familiar in the coming years..



8 comments:

IS said...

Reading this was like walking through what I walk through in my mind!
I have never said this to anyone...but the first words that come to my mind are--I want to be you.

I love that city and I want to move there... I want to be on my own. But things are just not working out here. I am trying to make everything work the way I want... Wish I be there soon.

We must meet when I am there. And btw, how are you living? Looking for a roomie or something? I am unable to find an affordable accommodation!

ani_aset said...

I love this place.. there are problems but i just love the energy that this place has :)
The template is cool :D

Supriya Dutta said...

@ IS: your comment made my day..and seriously on that.. :)..hang on..things will surely work out...may b it just need some time..some more may be.. :)..i wish you to be here soon and definitely we will meet once you are here..

well, as of now my flat is full but i have numbers of a few brokers in the Andheri-Malad-Goregaon area which i can share with you in the mail. drop a mail or ping me at supriya.booze@gmail.com.i will be more than glad to help you for i repeat, you made my day... :)

see you soon in Bombay.. :)

Supriya Dutta said...

@ Anirudh: can't agree with you more.. :) i too love this city... this 'love' brought me back to the city after almost 2 years. This city has such a positive spirit that you can afford to overlook the problems at times.. :)

thanks once again.. :)

R. Ramesh said...

vallah u in mumbai? it is the city one should be in..enjoy...

Sapna Anu B.George said...

Good to meet you,greet you and read you here

sarmistha said...

I thought I would write I miss you...though that would sound too mushy...I hope you enjoy every bit of your life in Mumbai...quite a descriptive and in depth detail of your life in Mumbai with occassional Calcutta inferences...I cant help but saying...I miss you..

sarmistha said...

My London Memoirs is inspired totally from your post...tomar mumbai ta dekhei mone holo eta likhi

Powered By Blogger