Saturday, November 29, 2008
1) Its my home town.....Duh
2) Want to appreciate the beauty of Nature, when tempearture is falling down to some 2 and 1 degree celsius..(well such a fall in temperature can also be experienced in many other towns and cities in India, but along with the natural beauty, the ever rising pollution level alomost comes free in this era of globalisation.)
3) I haven't experienced such a beauty in almost five years now.
4) Sudden gusts of rain...when the temperature is some 3 degree celsius.
5) Waking up in the morning which looks like evening because of mist and fog.
6) Leisurely stroll ...no not a stroll...in the afternoon, cycling through those dingy gullies and relatively broad streets where everybody looks at you as if they know you, but fails to figure at a go....and hence looks at you perplexed..and you often pass by...
7) Stroll along the riverside in the evening...like at around 4-4.30 p.m.
8) A sudden power cut on those full moon nights when you are sitting all covered in your woollens and under a blanket.
i mean..all the above experience combined...you can just afford to die after such a bliss.....
Friday, November 28, 2008
Incessant fight (may be "WAR", this time) against terrorism, specifically, in one part of the city give other parts more vigour to fight out the general and minimal oddities of life......Life continues...only after a traumatic shake....
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Okk..identity of the same and why it stands so significant!!!!
1) My salary account for Compare Infobase Ltd. Kolkata.:D:D:D....(A workplace with all its oddities stood special in everyway.)
2) A proper bank account, may be the first one in 24 years.
3) Still remember the guy who came in with the bank papers when the account was being opened. (looked liked Shiney Ahuja..:D:D :P:P)
4) Never used to draw money from the bank ATM, instead used all other ATMs till a certain period of time....reason..because....the nearest bank ATM from my place or office could be reached in an auto..:D:D....
5)The day i realised, i have donated almost 1000, on an average, every month for almost 4 months, for the no.4 act....then on, i started loving the bank ATM, no matter how many autos i had to change...:D:D
6) Also lost the ATM card, "not lost really"....got it back from the shuttle driver, only after getting the same blocked from the customer care service...:D:D..by the time i received the old one, i have already applied for a new card..obvious...:-
7)Received the new card after four months ..because...my address was that of Jharkhand and not Kolkata....which otherwise would have been back in my wallet within 15 days time....:P:P......
8)Religiously went to the Gariahat Branch every sunday to withdraw money during this period, when i didnt had the card.
9)Yesterday, 25th of November, 2008, i drew the last amount of money left in that account....and i have kept the slip safe...i will keep it forever....i dnt know..but i love the bank....the green, blue and white combination may b.....
10) Today, my birthday, again, as noted in all official documents, 26th of November, 2008. this bank has sent me an sms which goes this way..."Dear Customer, It's just another day, but this one is the best of the year!!Happy Birthday!-Your Right Partner, Standard Chartered Bank".....
11) True..."The right partner"...will miss banking with you......or may be banking on you...Good Bye..StanChart.....
Nnaam gulo likhlam...britha chesta....thik parlam na.........
Aaaj dingulo ektu dhoyate hoye geche.....kintu sob sriti r modhye ke jaane keno oi din gulo konodin jhapsate hoyni...ekhono hoyni...hobe kina janina...hoyto hobe na.......
Ekhono mone pore....oi canteen er samne bose hoyto kono du jon mile ekta cha er bhaare..ekta choto golpo aar haansa haansi diye shuru hoto..tarpor ek-ek kore kotha theke sobai juute jeto.....diner seshe......jotla ta vivekanda hall er samne giye jomto.....bela goriye dupur, bikel periye sondhe..raat.....tokhun abar oi 8B morer chaaer dokan e..aarekta jomayet.....ei jomayet e university r jabotiyo chele meye thakto...jaara auto r line e dariye bari ferar ekta chesta korto....abar line theke beriye,....aabr cha khete khete, oi mathar opor rajnoitik bigyapon gulo dekhe, prochondo uttejito hoye, bhaar er por bhaar cha kheye..aaro 1, 1 1/2 ghonta deri hoye jawa....amar p.g. te dhukte aaro kichu ghontar deri.....arekta mithye kotha...ekebaare sottyi r moto kore......tarpore room e dhukei....soma r pechone lege...o ghumole or ghum bhangiye..nije kaan e radio ta chepe sei fyal fyal kore takiye thakte thakte ghumiye pora....:D:D:D
sei sokal er jotla taaye...english, ecomoncs, comparative literature, film studies er lokjon to thekei thakto....baki bodhoy edik odik theke aaro kichu lok juute jeto......sob mile jeto.....oneke oneker naam jaanto na...kintu tabole golper beg e konodino seta badhar shristi koreni...
mone pore.....baaje boka, shudhu boke jawa, maane-bihin boka......o-karone-karone haansi, loker pechone lege ekta odbhut aaram, moja.., lok ke deke deke khorak kora, tarpor cigg kinba cha ta onner naame milan daar theke newa....
hothat mone hoye..hoyto onno duniyar kotha ............bodhoi swopnoi mone hobe aaro kichu bochor baade......
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Today is my 26th biological birthday, and 25th ,officially. Well…should I consider myself lucky for that…I give a damn….
If asked..wat significant have I done in these 26 years of existence???
NOTHING…is the only answer that comes to my mind…rite now..and probably whenever this question will be asked..
Well…if I really make an effort to jot down….(real effort mind you):
1) Have bugged everyone irrespective of whoever I have known in these years. (They have never enjoyed it really…at times I have enjoyed bugging them, intentionally..at time it was my nature..and therefore it came naturally from me, unintentionally and they were naturally irritated..)…ohh…looks like I cared!!!!!! FART..
2) Have managed to gobble some stupid academic degrees..(does it help in life???)well…first class everytime…without fail…(do I sound like I am proud of those achievements??…yes I am…because I have nothing else to be proud of…)
3) Have managed to go to places for studies u c(Oh studious u mean!!!…and then work…:O…well the list comprises of Hazaribagh, Varanasi, Kolkata and now Mumbai…(So wat is the big deal mam????..nothing man..please note… I am making a list of my achievements..:-)
Achievements that were not welcomed but embraced me…
1) 26…. don’t have a proper, secure and stable professional graph and status..same applies to personal life…..(wooo…u mean ….wanderer????i see it mentioned somewhere else too in this blog.. :O:O) Bull shit..
2) I have not been to my home town almost two years now….( okkk..so that is a point to be proud of!!!!:O…. why don’t I die????a question I often ask myself and people around me also ask…I dnt have an answer to it!!!)FART and FUCK OFF.
3) Have been cheated twice ….crystal clear…3rd is always on the way, I mean u dnt get to see the unseen and can expect anything, rite…….( know wat…i always tried Acting Smart and the bastards were always Smart….)..okk..so being cheated…..an achievement…....so perpetual loss of faith and trust. Have acquired the great caliber to doubt one and all…still get cheated….because have been better still in doubting the wrong person.
Confession on this day..no not resolutions..but I would definitely like doing these..sometime…may be in an year’s time..which would give me an opportunity to jot down some real achievements next year, I guess….(Keeping my fingers crossed)
1) Want to go to Daltonganj..be there….for at least 10 days….come back happy…do something that my parents expect from me..even the other family members…(what they want me to do at present is …GET MARRIED….., well, that’s a different interesting story altogether):D:D
2) Seriously man, high time..a stable professional life…personal, doubtlessly, I look forward to …I need both of that.
Ohhh….a big list of achievements……and stop self pitying and acting as a gyaan paapi….slut …….
Strangely, 1st one to wish me on my b'day was, 160by2.com, i was surprised to see no sender's name along with the message but then realized what it was. second and without fail since last four years Amrita Di...she wishes me without fail and i without fail forget to wish her on her wedding anniversary which falls on the same date.....things remained the same even this year.
I am again dead sure...Satabdi Sengupta and Soma Mukherjee, (well..now that she is Mrs..she has more chores to handle I guess..oohhhh.....as if i care....) these mortals have been taking pleasure in forgetting my birthday since three years now and everytime i remind them they come up with faces and blows of sorry feeling as if my birthday has turned into my death day. well, they sound clear and straight in not giving any excuses..(modest and honest they r u c)...and then dramatics like, " ki kore toke mukh dekhabo", "chi....ki kore bhule gelam....chiiiiiiii" and all those stuff everytime i remind them of the same. well, this time i have given them a reason as to why they cldn't call...but let me tell you ...incoming messages r still free and those r coming in.
If i am not wrong, sarmistha and pallavi will soon follow the league...if not reminded by some other people...i think they will wish me mid way but only if they remember…..
neways..whatever it is....it feels good...
Well...improvement..satabdi remembered..she wished me...:D:D:D....not only that..has sent me a bouquet alongwith a teddy......very happy..but teddy ta dekhe ektu maane.....ahem....satabdi..bhalobasssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
acha ..correction..sarmistha has tried calling me up a number of times on my roommate's cell......thankyou..tomakeo bhalobasssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii....
pallavi says.....i was suppose to remind her a day before.....so its been my fault that i didnt remind her........i c...
Soma...smartest ass...banashree called her up and reminded her........she messaged me at 2 in the afternoon...
neways....sobai k bhalobasssssssssssssssiiiiiiiiiii
Monday, November 24, 2008
Well, i dnt complain, the city allure thousands with such vastness of its own and by which it definitely swears to the upcoming trend of lifestyle and living.
Only that i get lost ...i g haywire...i fail to find an identity of my own while moving.....
Thursday, November 20, 2008
amu: im half way thru being indif like u, purota hote parchhina
I liked this a bit too much...:D:D:D:D
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
1) I am a "megalomaniac"
2) I like walking off the shed, when its raining and its "calf-deep" water, coz, "ankle deep" doesnt make it exciting enough and when its "knee-deep", you have to put in a bit more effort to wade through....so u c .."I" am lazy, lethargic..
3) I make myself sure that i dnt cry while watching the scene in Cinema Paradiso, where Alfredo says a few words to Toto, while he is leaving "Giancaldo", the words are as follows :
" Dont come back, dnt think about us, dnt give into nostalgia, forget us all. Whatever you end up doing, love it, the way you loved the projection booth when you were a little squirt".
and after the scene gets over, i feel a lump down my throat.
4) Of late, i often realise the fact that our parents are mortal being like anybody who leaves for eternal bliss.
5) I love sipping Frappe Hazelnut with a smoke, specially when i am sitting alone in that corner of the Lake Road Barista.
6) i have argued and have been rude to all at some point of time, except for one.
7) Nowadays, i feel like stopping half way while introducing myself to someone, may be because i have lost patience of introducing myself in all these years with the same to say.
8) I enjoy sitting with all those who can talk non-sense for hours uncounted and then can sit fr hours without a word. The best thing neither i nor they feel the urge of speaking or moving on just because silence intervenes, these are the persons whom i call friends. (they also call me the same. i am sure).
9) I was fat and i didnt care, i am fat and i think i care, but i have started loving cheese and butter all the more.
10) I miss my school days, because of the place, i miss my college days because of the hostels, i miss my university days.
11) I love dogs, calf, rabbit and tortoise and poking my friends, pulling other's leg and laughing at myself when the gang does so.
12) I remember walking with the ice cream in hand on a winter night after having a dinner with a few.
13) I like the "Southern Avenue" stretch to Golpark and the lansdowne stretch till Deshapriya park.
14) I love getting up in the morning and evening on a call where in i get to know that there's a get together organised by some at any nearby coffee shop.
15) I love when people give me names and call me by those names.....gejo, gaju, chimp, panu, mota, timo.....anyname......
16) I haven't been to Daltonganj fr almost two years now and i avoid going there, for i still have the habit of expressing.."Everything is Fine with me, I am not sad"..while bidding that good bye even after 10 years of staying away from home, "I really dnt feel fine and feel sad" at that moment..i think even here i understated wat i really feel. ....i feel the same lump down my throat as mentioned in point 3.
17) I love shouting and partying with...as mentioned in point 8
18) I love talking to myself .
19) I like when people about whom i care, scolds me.
20) At times i like the way it is, at times i hate the way it is.
Monday, November 17, 2008
I am enjoying Bunny's and Golu's company to the fullest here in Mumbai for the undermentioned reasons....(At times one of my roommate can also be counted here in the list):
1) They are the best with whom i can be myself because they are at comfort being themselves.
2) I can enjoy the way I want to because we have a similar definitions and idea of enjoying.
3)Going out with them doesnt mean i will have to just move around, they are as good foodie as i am ( if not, then loves drinking) and therefore i enjoy eating and drinking with them no matter where it is.
4) Not only that they try not to be formal, they are not formal because they cannot be formal, atleast with me.
For other's, here in Mumbai, you people either try to be very formal with me or over friendly. I hate both the attitudes.
1) You are sitting with some sensible old pals, by "sensible" i mean some who has faced the same situation in the same way as you have faced it, (as in moving out of home town and stuff like that or from that cozy comfort zone of the past, to be precise... but then when u say that, everyone claims to have a rugged present topography ....so plain and simple....People whom you think will understand and can contribute or to the least will be a good listener to the topic or act of being nostalgic.
2) You are sitting with the same guys boozing and smoking on the terrace on an October night under starry sky say after an appraisal or just the night before when you all are going on a 10 days trip to some hilly regions.
3) You are travelling, specifically in a train and heading towards the place you love... for anything, as in you are travelling where in you are expecting fun and you are just happy about going to the concerned place.
4) You have something where you can jot down your memories.
5) you are alone because you are happy or you are happy that you are alone.
Look for the above conditions, you can afford to be nostalgic because that wont make you cry, instead, it will give you an opportunity to feel good about your past and therefore trying to make a present and a future of which you can be nostalgic about in the distant future.
Well, end of this crap...i thought this way....therefore......you see.. i had something where i jotted it down....:D:D:D:D
Friday, November 14, 2008
1) I am writing one
2) I am not feeling like working
3) I am tired of writing sense
4) Ilove this blog thing
5) I am in a mood to nag, but i see no one interested in listening to the same.
1) The kolkata people write the best blogs (I strictly mean only YOUTHS from KOLKATA....and u do count me among them...as youth, not necessarily Blogger....)
2) The JU, Presidency and the Xavier's people write the best blogs(I mean anyone who has even visited any of these places even fr a fag counter.)
1) Trying to take this commercial capital of India on blogosphere by writing one from the location.
Kolkata..i LOVE......Mumbai...I MIGHT LOVE someday......and u have to care about it...
Back to my old template.......the only reason i think this template supports as in stands as a good enough background for both serious and crappy things......
The one to which i switched over ...seems as if it's only for serious stuffs (as in the look of the template)....i dont blame......
1) Bus: I mean BEST
2)Butt: Either of that Fag about which you wonder where to put it...or just that BIG ONE.
3) Bun: Pav as they call it here in Mumbai.....:X.....How can a city survive on this round eatable thing????
4) But: makes a sentence crooked and i hate that..(i mean that stupid If..But Chemistry).
5)Burn: The one that happen when you are Jealous of someone.
6)Burlesque: Why misrepresent someone??
A few exceptions:
Bud or Buddy: symbolises hope.....
Oh wat realisations.....i feel proud...:D:D:D
But i dont feel like writing on this blank space.....give me something that is similar to the template, on which, if i scribble, will give me sense that i am writing it on the board.
I know this a wish too much..but wats the harm!!!!!!!!...:D:D:D:D:D
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
This event reminds me cliched (ly) of an opportunity to watch films....goes without saying, but a number of other activities that used to keep me really busy - i will be missing those.
I will be missing those poke that i got for not making it to one of the good films of the festival, poke for just sitting idle when all were too enthusiastic to watch a certain screening, poke at the moment when realization has dawned on all others that they have also missed a film just because of the contagious lethargy.
I will be missing end number of people whom i met only during those seven days. I will be missing just a "hi" from someone whom i had met years back and then a sudden pleasure of meeting them again, may be just for a fleeting minute if not second. I will be missing the center seat in the "Nandan Complex", where neither you nor any one can miss each other's presence, i will be missing those "just-sit-beside" conversation and eventually ending up being another prominent acquaintance in each other's list.
I will be missing moving out of a hall, creeping, on not liking the film. I will be missing saying a lie to someone about a film which i havent watched on a positive review about the same hitting my ear. I will be missing saying a lie about watching a film from the start to the end, in which i have actually slept through the whole film.
I will be missing those last shows and then waiting for a taxi for just an hour, may b it was nt about getting a taxi it was just about spending another hour discussing about the day and the days to come.
I will miss the cold breeze, i will miss the chill of the halls, specially Rabindra sadan and Shishir Mancha.
I will be missing u all, i will be missing it all....but i think i will like missing it for that will give me sense of how i enjoyed "Something", which i never realised.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
1) Duttaray --> Chakraborty
2) Mohanty -->Parija
3) Hatimuria --> (wld b..) dnt know
4) Mukherjee --> Gupta
5) Sengupta --> NO IDEA
Well, as inference can be easily drawn, or if not, the above mentioned surnames (the first ones) were all tagged to the persons who were my "Friends".
Well, the first three just changed, leaving not much impacts on my existence. The surnames were rolled in and rolled out just as the role of those people in my life..nothing great.....came in and went away....were there till my eyes could see them....were out of my mind moment they were not seen.......so may be i will just refer them to as roommates that they were for 1 year and the contact game was intact till the change in surname.
Well, the change of the 4th on the list will definitely have a greater impact on my life in compared to in any other surname getting changed in this world.
Mukherjee, Soma Mukherjee to Soma Gupta, As her husband's Souvik Gupta....
-- I know her: since circa 2000
-- Roommate: 2000-2002, again 2003-2005.....4 years.
-- Stayed in the same city : 2000-2008.
Yyes, thats the number. 8 years of togetherness, friendship, hatred, love, disgust, well being, pleasure, displeasure and all emptions that a person can have in a span of 8 years, per se, every emotions were exchanged and were noted on each other's existence.
Ok...she stood witness to all my highs and lows....she knew better than me when i was happy, she knew better than my parents when i was sad, she knew better than anyone, when i was not in the right mood. May be, one get to know a person better than anyone else when they have to spend 24/7 with the person under the same roof.
Well, we had to put up at different places, during the later years as per the call of the situation and time. (May be that was just an epilogue to the time coming..).
Our rendezvous or should i say meetings or dont know wat xactly, was carried on holidays, sundays, saturdays, even if not regularly, yes, sporadically. One and some more things for sure, we knew if there was no one we were just a call away from each other. We knew if we dnt have any plans to spend the day, we cn just call up and plan out somethig which will definitely make the day more interesting than any other days. We knew, we wanted to watch a movie at the night show and if we dnt get a conveyance after the show gets over....we cn walk down the lane or any distance just with the craps, silly laughters and what not.....We knew we can laugh at the silliest things for hours, we knew we can discuss the most serious things in life, that we considered serious enough, fr hours, we knew we can wake up wither of us no matter how deep sleep we r in.
But having said all that...it doesnt mean..we never fought, we never got tired of each other, at times we wanted "Not to be with each other"....and the reunion was never a reunion, the hatred or the disgust didnt change just in a second.........we hated each other for the silliest reason, we were irritated on each other just because we had no one around to vent that irritation out....yes.."Punch Bag" they call it......no regrets for the fights, no tears for the times we werent together. .....we tolerated each other's oddities as it were....no complains......... we enjoyed just the way we were with each other.
Now if i sit to think...wat about those loud laughters while watching a movie? Wat about those fridays, saturdays and sundays..when we knew we were definitely there to be with each other, willingly or unwillingly??!! Wat about those night shows, which when ended saw us laughing for getting no conveyance way back home? Wat about those sudden mood swings or irritations when i knew you were there where i can vent out all and all would just set in perfectly with an equal jitter from the other side......no idea......
Well, things changes, circumstances changes and people always find their ways out.....certainly i will, may be with your help.......
......And for the change in the 4th surname ....i really have no idea as to what will happen.........only i can hope and wish, not to witness the effect of that change in the surname and then residing in the same city.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Know wat..went to the store..and blatantly asked for "Waist: 36"....more blatant was the answer from the sales boy.." 34 is the last size we have"....
All expressionless expressions and reactionless reactions, were just about to take the center stage...i intervened....err.."sorry i mean 34..., straight fit, mid rise.."
Undoubtedly, the sales boy went into some bouts of doubts to get me a jeans that matched all the criteria..took out 2 pairs from the rack....i ran into the trial room....didnt like either of them a bit.....came out...handed the jeans over and made it a point to make the point straight and sound..."Not the right fit"....
About to leave....with much of a snobbish reaction on face...but a little disheartened....."I want to buy a Jeans and that has to b branded one......thats it.....
Almost on the verge of the exit line...voice broke the silence.."try this one...just once...its 32, straight fit and not mid but low rise....."
"well" ...snatched the jeans...ran into the trial room...
Wow...it fits me and fits me right.....yupppiieeeeeee........
Ran to the cash counter....paid it and left it to get altered.......and now i am rushing off.....to get that altered thing.... after a long-long span of 5 years...bought a jeans....(when i think i wont bloat anymore..but thats an assumption)...for now i am off to get myself stamped as "Miss Lee".....:D:D
Unfashionably Fashionable Shit.. is all that i can say.....
Things those i liked in the film:
1) Kitu Gidwani is still beautiful in compared to the "MODELS" in the film.
2) Arbaaz Khan always manages to get a drop dead beautiful wife...either offscreen or onscreen......he looks for "Show Stopper" u c.
Things i didnt like..:
1) The-not-so-fashinable -"Fashion".
2) Priyanka Chopra: the small town girl, the struggling model, the successfool model, the "kicked-out" model, the "Plaster of Paris-ian Model-with a dead dumbo and expressionless face.
A few question:
1) Kangana Ranawat<=> Gitanjali Nagpal??????
2) I knew all eligible bachelors r either gay or engaged....(but i had no idea that these eligible bachelors are all mumbai based fashion designers.).. okk..i understand...had this not been the case, then an upcoming fashion designer remains straight forever, because the relatively settled designer needs to marry a "girl" because of some societal and familial pressure, and his "that-partner" of the struggling days gets hooked on to the present day struggling designer......Is this the formula???????.....Shit man....what hard luck!!!!...he always gets hooked onto struggling designers and not so settled ones. DAMN!!!!!
3) Is there so few "Open" topics left that directors need to now focus on "Hidden-World" topics?????
Phew...one more plzzz......
4) Do directors need to keep their so-called "in the line" actors always happy...that even if it is not needed they have to be there on the screen including the director himself ..well , i think this is a way to get a stamp of "Modesty" that "yes, i made a film on this subject" or may be it is a silent and clever way to let the Dumbo target audience know that the film deals with "THIS" subject????
At last, no more question and a few confessions:
1) I know innumerable people around who are "GAY" and i am absolutely comfortable and hold no judgements for anybody's sexual orientation but dnt u think, Bhandarkar is portraying this relationship more forcibly, or may b just for the sake of it...or may b he portrays on reel what he cldnt portray in "Real"...iiiiiiikkkkkkkkkksssssss!!!!??????
2) I think, one should stop digging into the "Not so open world", and can also try to prove his metal by being either "a mainstream film maker" or a "Not a mainstream film maker", dangling between the two makes it difficult for the audience to mark the film categorically. (No, i tell this because people tend to look for this classification that makes their topic of discussion easier, though the distinction line between the two genres is still not clear to me.......:D:D