Friday, July 10, 2009

To My World...

Ma and Baba,

I know you will never read this...never.. and even if you read you will consider it as trash as i think while typing..but i want to say something here...

Today, it's your 28th Marriage Anniversary....You and Baba look great together..yeah i know that's a cliched expression...but then truth is truth and limited for the way they are expressed...
You both have taught me to "Live"...I am proud of who you are to me...but and here on this note I start...

Ma&Baba:
  • Why do you go overboard when it comes to "Relatives"...why is it, that they expect you to visit their place everytime you are here in kolkata, irrespective of the reasons of your coming here, which primarily includes, Health reasons.

  • Why do they have to bother you so much with their fake botheration??? and again you get into that.... Ma&Baba: Health problem happens at any age and at any time and yes, offcourse there are ways to get well perfectly and soon.

Ma
  • I am really pissed off on this...i see your dressing style being influenced by some of "The Relatives"...Ma, i won't have bothered about it a bit if that would have been in a positive way..but Ma their choice SUCKS...and i just can't believe when you say the other piece in the shop was 150-200 rs. more than the shitty crap you have got, i know, it's just because you have "Their" consensus on buying it???..I am not accepting this....
To this let me tell you..your collection has gone way too drab, LS and uninteresting and this i am saying not because my choice have changed....i still love your earlier collection way more than the things that you have bought recently....this is getting sick MA....and i know...this is that "Evil-Influence" on you....

  • I have started loving you all the more for all your funny and non-sensical blabbering... then i realise the meaning of what "they" said.."Like mother, like daughter"... :D

Baba:
  • Yes, you have grown old..old enough to authoritatively lead a peaceful and non-hectic life... i know your operation had been painful, more than that your patience had been tried. when it came to physical concerns you were tied to certian limitations , ...but baba, you are fine now..absolutely fine...and you really need to enjoy these peaceful days...please Baba..dn't give up...this is the time to live and be happy...i know you have your own concerns and if i say today, "I am Here"..i know i am simply being modest and I know some thing goes well when it is conveyed without being "said".

  • Baba, i am still proud of your choice and collection and at times the way you dampen ma's enthusiasm to visit all those "Relatives's" place just to hear stories of pain and the following melodramas.
well, now a BIG point to be made:

I will get Married. To whom and when, i am as unsure and clueless as you are. okk...some of my reactions to my mother's over-used dialogues:
  • Yes, i have many friends...but no, i dn't have any "Special Friend".
  • I go to watch movies, shopping all alone and believe me no one accompanies me. If some does, they are all girls.
  • I drink coffee and "Liquor" with boys, YES....but believe me none of them have any intention to marry me and i respect their feeling.
  • Yes Ma, as you say, "I am pure waste in not managing to have a boyfriend after studying in a co-ed school and university". Well Ma, i take a chance here and say "The blooming days are in the college may be, and i wasted another three years of my life studying in a "Girl's College".
  • Yes Ma, i know i am short and fat, i eat too much and therefore no one will marry me, and more if i continue eating rice four times a day... :D
  • And please do not go by "The Relatives" consensus while choosing the "Man" for me... "your relatives" might like him...but...
  • i know "you have not many but only one child...and to see her happy is what you wish"...but for that do not rely on me..i cannot make you happy on that..you take the initiative and you will be happier"... :P
okk..enough of complains....but may be i am the happiest person to have you as my parents, for the way you people have allowed me to be whatever i am, for teaching me the ways to face the world, though silently, for agreeing to what was good and disagreeing to what was not so good.
and last but not the least...after all these years of staying in two different and far away cities, i have still not come to terms with bidding you the good-bye while seeing you off on your journey to the home-town...i still feel bad and sad...but again may be you never taught me to be "weak" and have taught me to accept the reality and the practical norms as it were and that too with a smile...
I always love the way you appreciate any thing and everything i give you and the smile on getting those bouquet of red and white flowers...thats what you both are to me..."Love" and "Peace"....
Love you ..be the way you are forever... :D

15 comments:

ZB said...

thats an awesome treat and tribute to your parents, your parents would be proud reading this, if they read this, which i doubt.

A tad bit of naughtiness and mischievous and a tad bit touchy, thats a perfect blend. Nice post. i was LOL reading your BIG points..Honest and from the heart:)))

Kavita Saharia said...

PRIYA...Hi....wow and wow...i agree ,your post is honest and from the heart.
Thanks for visiting me because it lead me to you ...i am falling in love with Sujata,Aparna and your blog....just been back from a trip so lot of laundry etc etc to do....Hey..nice meeting you..

sujata sengupta said...

Hey First and foremost congratulations to your parents and I hope for many many more anniversaries. I really wish, Priya that they read this. Agree with you on the nose butting relatives and also how visiting each one of them is a huge issue and not only visiting but eating all that they serve without cringing.

JP said...

It is very honest and outspoken. I like the way you written this post.

Sucharita Sarkar said...

Ah parents, the more deeply you love them, the more deeply you realise their flaws. And the more difficult it becomes to explain things to them without hurt or anger.

This post was straight from the heart!

Unknown said...

great post! really, straight from the heart, no masks. beautiful. well, u managed to get that embarrassing lump in my throat...bitch!

IS said...

Hahaha, you got me in splits there!

Let me not miss congratulating your parents for their anniversary.
I fail to understand how our parents made the 25-26-27-28 years of togetherness that they did, I am finding it impossible to just get into a committed relationship!

As for the wedding bit goes... its the same all around, trust me, I could copy those words and paste them on my blog and they would still be true (don't go literally by it, I am not hinting at plagiarism).

Parents! Our dear dear parents! :)

Aparna said...

Your parents also got married in July? Thats nice to know!
An honest post, straight from the heart... what makes you not say the words to them? They will not love you any less for it you know.

Ida said...

Wow Priya! The post was superb...a lot of times, many things remain unsaid, and even when they are said, they do not get the attention they deserve. This is why writing things down is important...I wish your folks would read this post of yours and see the wisdom behind all the lightly said words.
PS: Happy wedding Anniversary to them from my side:)

Magical Homes said...

that's a lovely and honest post. they get to an age where they start to behave like kids and there are so many things one wants to tell them. but I've realized it's of no use. My mom is putting on weight and she refuses to go for walks. I've tried telling her the risks she is facing but, nah, no use.

Supriya Dutta said...

@ ZB, Ida and Sujata: hehhe..i wish they dnt...cause then they will get link to many that they shouldn't know about me...:D.. Thanks.. :)

@Kavita, Jarlin: Thank you so much...

@SS: Is it?? Ohh i get a point to be "Outright" at times then...

@ amu: I hope its not pharyngitis... :D:D

@I: i know man...you will explain things in a more beautiful way than i have dne here...

@Aparna: if i wld have said thsi all them, where would have i got an opportunity to "Complain" to the world about their few ways that i dislike... :p, ;-D

@MD: Ditto..:D

swatantra said...

That's a nice reading!! I am sure your parents will feel great if they read this!!!

Congrats for this special day of celebrating togetherness!!

Supriya Dutta said...

@Swatantra: thank you so much for the kind words..:-)

sarmistha said...

well...this post has so many details we have talked about so often... it was very honest, smooth and touching.... parle kakima ke porio

PS: Though I ddnt quite like the section where you have used terms like LS and sucks to describe your mom's collection...somehow i was not comfortable with the expression...but hey the post is really nice

Supriya Dutta said...

@ sarmistha: thanks for being so honest...and may be this is y we end up being comfortable while talking about anything and everything to each other.....

Powered By Blogger