Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's all in the Blood

Past: Born and brought up in a joint family and in a place which was (in fact, is still)deprived of all the blessing and curse of a city...


Present: Trying to make a living in this ever changing and fleeting moments of a faster life, trying to match steps with all running on one of those tracks.


Reaction: I feel so good and proud, first that i have a treasure of such a serene, soothing childhood.
Second, Atleast i am getting to know and learn the art to face and fight the ever intruding changes to make a mark somewhere, if no where atleast to myself.


ok..from here i take a different route altogether. As it is, people in every walk of life get to meet people and trust me on this when i say, each and every one leaves a mark on your dairy in one way or the other..well that is on a bigger canvas, on a smaller canvas and from what i have heard about myself from different people and then when i think from where did i acquire all these traits..i make a note of these people who come to my mind..


In context to the past and present:


Acquired from Grandfather: Ability to remember dates. (birthday, anniversaries and just a combination of a day and month...) but that doesn't mean i scored well in History as a student.
Past: Remembered birthdays and anniversaries of all persons alive or dead in the family and of the over-extended family.
Present: I remember dates and days on the basis of my attendance in the office, if i am at the office, it means its a weekday, if not it means a weekend.


Acquired from Grandmother: The "Laughter"
Past: People could locate me anywhere from that loud giggling laughter and therefore my cousins never wanted me to be there in the team while playing "Hide and Seek".
Present: The "Laughter" still intact...at times to forget the stress and at times to be in that most important "i am still in sync". (basically a self consolatory thing)


Acquired from father: "Lost in my own world"
Past: Lost in my own world, i ended up doing several positive and productive things, which included "study". I never scored less than an 95% till std. VII.
Present: Which i think started may be after VII std., i end up thinking what and what not. but no positive result to it, often "lost in my own world" means a "Blank-head".


Acquired from mother: Hand-writing
Past: Till std. X, if not for anything i was the uncontested student when it came to hand-writing. Each and every teacher knew me and still remember me for my hand-writng.
Present: Thankyou Microsoft Office, you have left me with no option. Handwriting now means making the monthly grocery list...if someone else carries the list to the shop, they end up buying only half of the things mentioned in the list.


Acquired from Mejo-kaka(uncle): Spic and span
Past: If for anything, no one could raise finger at me for an untidy room, study table, dress..whatever
Present: Cleaning house is a weekly affair now.


Acquired from Sejo-kaka: Quiet and Calm
Past: Apart from the "laughter" if i was made to sit somewhere, one can find me in the same place even after hours. No screaming and shouting-but yes, this was an early childhood trait, it changed over the years. :D
Present: Ask me to sit in a place and blink...i am gone.. :D


Acquired from Choto-kaka: May be the "vocal-chord"
Past: I used to sing for myself when i was not sleepy and then gradually the song stopped and everybody knew i was in my dream land.
Present: I think my memory does a better job of remembering songs...i dnt know if at all my vocal-chord will do any more justice to music.


Well, these are 1 trait from each family members which came to my mind while typing...and all the aunts, may be i dnt have a blood tie with you poeple but you people were always there and have taught me things which my mother might have not succeeded in doing alone to this stubborn girl.


Thank you all for that wonderful childhood i have had.


Not that evrything was good in the past and everything is dark at present...but this was just like a snippet how life has changed and you know, past always looks better in yearn for a brighter future..naa!!!

25 comments:

ZB said...

i guess everyone is in a retrospection mood. I think rains have done the trick. :)

Nice, warm post. You know it was more like a tag answers. i got to know you better as a person. Ciao, keep churning. You write really well. :)

Kavita Saharia said...

Priya....it was very interesting the way you presented your post...even i now remember dates depending if my daughter's school is in...you write very well..congrats

Smita said...

Hey nice post!!! A great way to share something about you :)

SJ said...

oh shoot! You have posted 3 posts and it didn't show up on my reader. The 1st thing after i get home is to read all three. *dang! how did I miss 3 posts?!*

SJ said...

Couldn't wait read your post in school :P Aww..this is such a sweet post. Now I know 10% of you :D

Ida said...

Amazing idea! I feel like doing this right now...analyzing to see which traits I got from whom, at home mom says I'm like dad and dad says that I am like mom and my hubby says that I am like no other living being, so I guess, I just landed from space!!! But really swell post! Interesting and great way to discover yourself.....I want to hear you sing...and also, can you please help me clean-up?? I mean, not like a bai, like a friend helping out a retard??

shilpa said...

that was well written and interesting though first time in your blog

Shankar.Nash said...

nice post... i think the trait u acquired from Grandfather works very well still.. tats y.. u cud list out all ur childhood traits still.... gud goin

Urmi said...

I liked your blog very much.I appreciate for the beautiful post.As I have become your follower so I will be visiting your blog hereafter.You are welcome in my blogs.

JP said...

Good one...I like the way you write this post. Differential thoughts.

Keep writing...Invite you to my blog and looking forward your comments.

sarmistha said...

well the post is really interesting... the way you've compared the past life with the present is remarkable...its kind of strange that we all have so many traits in each of us... some borrowed some imposed some just passed on... lovd it and there are a few traits we share--- the gossip trait, the food trait, the coffe shop trait, shopping trait and the phone trait... lemme know if there are more...

R. Ramesh said...

perfect..past is always gr8 as v have crossed...the future with all its uncertainty is what scares..but then..cheers

Swatantra said...

very interesting post!! you are blessed that you has a past that is delightful!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

NR said...

That was interesting...well analysed!!! I agree that everyone we meet does leave a mark on us but some leave it for a longer time. Past most of the times definitely looks better if we compare it with present. I guess thats what complicated life is all about..

nice blog...n a lovely post!!!

Sucharita Sarkar said...

This was such an unusual way of paying a nice tribute to your family as well as telling us more about yourself (with your trademark self-deprecation). Great post!

Aparna said...

Sorry for landing so late on your blog.
Very nice post as usual, with warm feelings and nostalgia. You created a happy picture in my mind.

R. Ramesh said...

hey friend...ki bol che? gr8 to hear fm u...and thanks for yr promise to keep visiting..now keep yr promise, ok? bhalo..mei aschi..(see u later, is aschi correct spelling, god knows) anywy take care and best wishes..

Supriya Dutta said...

@ ZB: May be its rain...but as far as my memory goes back, i guess your post did an inspiring job.. :)..so y dnt you take it up as a tag..will enjoy your ramblings the.. wat say!!!

@Kavita: Thankyou...yea..may be blaming it on the fast lifestyle is easy.. :)

@Smita: Thankyou..:)

@SJ: ohh so much for these ramblings...:-)...thankyou sooo much...

@Ida: ok..done on my trip to Kerala, i will know i wnt have to bear any fooding and lodging expenditure...just some songs and cleaning up a house will help me more than expected.. :D

@Shilpa: thanks for coming..keep visiting. :)..your blog was quite interesting...

@shankar.n: ohh..that was so optimistic..thank you so very much.. :)

@Babli: thankyou..thankyou.. :)..i do visit your blog but silently..i confess... :P :)

@JArlin Paul: thankyou so much..will be soon there... :)

@Sarmistha: ohh sure...will reveal more while gossiping at a coffee shop..wat say!! :D

@Ramesh: cheers...:) and for the second comment ,i cldnt really make out wat u hve wanted to say.. :D...i kept my promise, neway..so cheers once again..yihihi.. :)

@Swatantra: True and you are always welcome..:)

@NR: Thank you so much...keep writing and keep visiting.. :)

@Sucharita Sarkar: ohh..you marked a new thing..see u too left a mark on my life and so deeply.. :)

@Aparna: Thank you...:) :)

SomeOne said...

nice way of comparison of sweet memory with present. Thanks for sharing ur nice memories dear.

R. Ramesh said...

u dint understand..ok, let the bengali lessons begin in right earnest..lol

Unknown said...

AWW, this is so sweet Gejo!
come to think of it even i have so many traits like my family. now i reret that i dindnt have a large fun joint family :(

Mark Kreider said...

Very,very interesting blog!

R. Ramesh said...

oh dear, so happy to see there's one more "pagal" like me not carrying a credit card.(hey that's what they say about us who dont have credit card.) but bravo, dear,, we can.if v think v can, and live without credit card..thanks for dropping by..cheers

Supriya Dutta said...

@Dinesh Rohilla: u r always welcome...thankyou so much fr those sweet words..:)

@ amu: hehehehe...doesn't matter..a family is a family is a family..(If at all that made sense..) :-)

@mkreider..thankyou so much and keep visiting...:)

@Ramesh: do they say so???i dnt mind...P for Pagal, P for Peace..:D

Miss M said...

Oh, such a heart-warming post Priya!

Totally loved it! :)

Powered By Blogger